Saturday, June 14, 2008

Some first results

I couldn't really wait any longer to find out what kind of mileage I was getting. I started the week with a full tank and drove to and from work and all stop and go city driving. Before I made any highway driving, I stopped and filled up. My average was 23.5 MPG. I don't know if that is too good as I have never before taken JUST city driving readings.
Then I took a full tank on a highway journey of 90 miles (Exactly) and filled up to find I reached 31.6 MPG. This seemed good for my car, but once again i have never taken a highway only reading before. So the average between the two would be somewhere around 27MPG which could be considered a 10 percent gain, but not considered enough of a gain to me. I will be running through for a week to see what I get on a mix of highway/city.
I do think that my cell is not really a high production model like i have seen and I could use some sealing on the hose going into my intake. Stay tuned. Feel free to leave comments!(Please no names, places, or occurrences)

No comments: