Sunday, June 8, 2008

Second test day

I began testing today where I left off last week. The lid to my unit was a bit more beat up than I thought. The gas leak was so bad that i couldn't even get gas to come out of the tube. After tightening all the bolts on top it created a short and fried my seals. I thought I would have to wait for the hardware store to reopen to try and get a new lid, but after scavengering around I managed to find the parts to redo my seals and get the lid tight on top. When the unit was finally up and running, I produced a liter in few minutes. I didn't time it, but it didn't take too long. I think that having a tight seal may have helped compared to the last time I had a good test. I am looking to put the unit in my car this week and see if it produces enough for mileage gains. If not, I may try a different cell configuration or just scrap this idea all together.(sorry no pics or vids)

No comments: