Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Installation

I know I said i wanted to wait to put the unit in until i reached a certain production (1 liter/min.) but this weekend I got tired of watching the cell make hydrogen and decided to see if this thing really works. I decided to put the Cell under the hood. I started with the relay mounted close to that battery, hooked up all the wiring, then mounted the cell. Hooking up the EFIE was tricky, because I had to find the signal wire coming from my O2 censor and splice the EFIE in. After that I made a makeshift mount for the Cell and ran the tube into my intake. Below is a video of what the cell looks like starting up in the car.



I ran about 110 miles this weekend that were mostly highway. 50 miles were with the cell running. My results were 28.6 mpg. I will be running all city this week and get a reading before any highway driving. I will keep an eye on the unit to make sure it is still there and running every few days. So far, my check engine light has not come on; meaning my engine must be running lean and the EFIE must be working. Time will tell

No comments: