Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Frustration

I noticed my car was running quite erratically (almost stalling every time I stopped) so I went to check the cell last night and to show my neighbor. What do you know the middle node is unscrewed again. After removing the unit and reattaching it I hit the switch and .... Nothing. The 30AMP fuse is blown going directly to the cell. 
I don't really know if it happened because of the negative coming disconnected or my electrolite is too strong or what. I will have to get more fuses tonight. I already need to replace a bunch of them that I toasted trying to find out the short problem before. SO this unit that I thought looked very solid and well built is turning out to be a bit more maintenance than it should be. All results to this point are pretty much shot. I will attribute the very low idle of my engine to the EFIE. At least I think its working. Making the engine think it is running rich will lean it out even more and make the idle low. If any mileage gains exist, you could attribute them to that. Can you say NO POWER. 
I think the unit in the trunk would be a good idea.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4744220927707821186&q=h2go&ei=3qRXSMqOGoO8rwLd0-neDg

No comments: