Saturday, July 19, 2008

New fixes

I said we needed to work out the melting terminal problem that I mentioned in the previous post. It seems that our one terminal was getting too hot and we can only attribute this to our thin strap system suspending the plates from the lid. We decided to go with double the size and see if that helps. you can't really tell much from the picture buts its wider and twice as thick

This allows for more connection and less resistance on the terminal is should eliminate the problem.

I continue to see improvements in my MPGs. On a mix of 44 highway and 68 city, I achieved , 33mpg, roughly 30% gains in mileage. I will consider this one of my last "official tests" as I am getting tired of keeping track of mileage. I will be installing 2 units on a cummins diesel truck in the next few weeks and will show my progress on here.

No comments: