Friday, May 23, 2008

First Post

I just created this blog as a form of communication for a few people that may be interested in what I am trying. I will try to keep it updated as I progress through this experiment. If the typing, spelling, sentence structure, or any of that is wrong on this blog i don't want to really hear about it. this is for content and experimentation

I am open and have created this blog to get your opinions and questions. I hope anyone that gets on here and sees what I am doing can give good feedback and learn from my experimentations.

As stated in the summary, I am setting up a HHO generator in my '96 saab 900s in hopes of increasing mileage and efficiency. I have wanted to do this for a few years now, and this summer I will have the time, space, and resources to finally try it out. I know that there are many opinions on the web and media as to whether or not this works BUT I am going to try it for myself to put my and possibly your questions to rest. I will be perfectly honest with my results and most of my equipment.

So to catch up on what I am doing
I have ordered a Hydrogen fuel cell from www.vadaenergy.com . I don't necessarily think that this cell is great quality or will do well. I just needed something to start with and hey, that site is pretty nice and has a competative price. If i think i can build a better cell (Possibly more surface area) I will do that later, but i needed somewhere to start.
The cell has been ordered along with an EFIE from the same company and I am expecting it in the mail in the next few weeks.
The other item I am considering is a PWM (pulse width modifier) to attach before the cell. (any recomendations are welcomed)
Here is a picture of the Cell I purchased
I will post more on the process, dfinitions, and car as I go. Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for keeping us informed of your progress. I don't know much of the technology of fuel cells but certainly provides an answer to the problem of resource utilization and availabiltiy.
Uncle David